The main hormonal changes in a woman’s life take place during pregnancy – and the mouth is one of the main areas affected by such changes.
With many hormonal changes taking place during pregnancy, a visit to the dentist is essential to prevent and avoid complications. Elevated hormone levels, leukocytosis, insulin resistance significantly impact oral health. Increased vascular permeability in the gingival tissues, in the presence of dental plaque, promote gingival inflammation.
In this lecture we will cover next topics:
– overview of physiological changes during the pregnancy influenced by hormones and coagulation factors
– complications during the pregnancy (low birth weight, preterm birth, growth restriction, pre-eclampsia)
– managing gingivitis and periodontitis in all trimesters (prevention, check-ups, treatment plan, medication, home care)
– X-rays, patient positioning and choice of local anesthesia
– after pregnancy treatment and back to regular dental procedures
Tribune Group GmbH is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Tribune Group designates this activity for 1 continuing education credits.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Tribune Group GmbH and Dental Tribune International GmbH.
Share on social media: