- 1989: Degree in Dentistry at the School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Ferrara, Italy. Final marks 110/110 cum laude. Thesis title: "Dental, postural and skeletal cranio-facial asymmetries: epidemiology and clinics" Dental qualification with marks 68/70
- 1989-1993: Post-graduate internship at the Dental Clinic of the University of Ferrara
- 1991: Course of Orthodontics by the 1st Private School of Gnathology. Lecco, Italy Teachers: Dr. P. Vion, Mme Fournier, Dr. Chatagnon, dr. M. Langelade.
- 1992: (January – March) Short-Term Postgraduate Programme in Orthodontics at the School of Dentistry, Aarhus University, Denmark (June 22nd -July 10th): 5th Residential Summer Course of the European Educational Programme in Epidemiology, Florence, Italy Course of Aetiology, Diagnosis and Therapy of myoarthropaty of the stomatognatic system (1st part), held by Prof. Palla, University of Zurich in Bologna, Italy
- 1993- 1996: Research Doctorate degree (PhD degree) in preventive orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Florence, Italy. Coordinator: Prof. I. Tollaro. Supervisors: prof. G. Siciliani, Department of Orthodontics, University of Ferrara and Prof. D. Zaffe, Institute of Human Anatomy, Department of Morphologic and Forensic Medicine, University of Modena, Italy Thesis: "Modification of alveolar bone following orthodontic treatment: a histomorphometric, histochemical and immunocytochemical study on an animal model"
- 1996-1999: PhD degree in Odontology. School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics, and Institute of Pathology, Aarhus County Hospital, Aarhus University, Denmark. Supervisors: Prof. B. Melsen and Prof. F. Melsen. Thesis: “The influence of different bone turnover rates on tissue reactions to orthodontic load”
- 1999-2002: Post-graduate degree in Orthodontics – School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics, Aarhus University, Denmark Thesis: “Root resorption curing orthodontic tooth movement under different metabolic conditions in rats.”
- 1999 (March-September): Research position, Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Aarhus, Denmark Expert in the field of Dentistry and Orthodontics – School of Dentistry – University of Ferrara – Italy
- 2002-2003: Short-term visiting professor in Orthodontics at the Dental School of the University of Modena and Reggio-Emilia, Italy for the academic year 2002-2003
- 2002-2012: Associate Professor, Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Aarhus, Denmark
- 2013-present: Professor and Head, Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, Institute of Dental Medicine , University of Basel, Switzerland
- 1990-1992 : Teacher of Stomatology at the Nurse School of the Italian National Health Service in Ferrara, Italy
- 1990-1995 : Clinical instructor at the under-graduate course in Orthodontics at the School of Dentistry, University of Ferrara, Italy
- 1996-1998 : Clinical instructor at the under-graduate course in Orthodontics at the Orthodontic Department, School of Dentistry, Aarhus University, Denmark
- 1997-2013 : Teacher at under-graduate students at the Course in Orthodontics at the Orthodontic Department, School of Dentistry, Aarhus University, Denmark
- 1997-present : Teacher at post-graduate students at the International Short-term Postgraduate Programme in Orthodontics, School of Dentistry - Aarhus University, Denmark
- 2002: Clinical tutor at the course for medical doctors according to the law 386/98, Bologna, Italy
- 2007-2011: Course leader and main lecturer of the biannual “Theoretical and clinical master in orthodontics” organized by A.E.R.O. (Association for the education and research in orthodontics), Bologna, Italy
- 2007 –present: Leader and lecturer of the Bone biology course held by the Danish Ministry of Health in the Educational programme for the post-graduate course in Orthodontics
- 2013 - present: Teacher at under-graduate and post-graduate students at the Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, Institute of Dental Medicine, University of Basel, Switzerland
Tribune Group GmbH is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Tribune Group designates this activity for 1 continuing education credits.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Tribune Group GmbH and Dental Tribune International GmbH.
Share on social media: