Many people have abnormal sores in their mouths with the great majority being noncancerous, making our screening techniques even more important.
This educational event will highlight oral melanoma case presentations, one featured at the International Symposium in Dental Hygiene in Switzerland in 2016. After completion you will be comfortable on how to recognize irregular spots intra-orally and extra-orally. Any person with a history of tobacco and alcohol use or prior head and neck malignancy has a significant risk of developing an oral, head and neck cancer. You will be able to teach patients reasons why they suffer from radiation induced xerostomia, intra-oral problems associated with it, and management options available to make your patients more comfortable managing their symptoms. The goal with oral and skin cancer screening is to identify cancer early, when there is a greater chance for a cure.
- Know how to proactively screen for oral cancers
- Know how to conduct a proper oral cancer exam and Complete a hands-on screening
- Understand additional tests for oral cancer screening
- Be able to utilize adjunctive devices for oral cancer screenings
- List causes of oral cancer
- Discuss common sites for oral cancer
- Inform cancer patients on oral side effects of chemotherapy
- Explain the clinical signs of salivary gland hypo-function
- Discuss management options for educating patients and improving their quality of life
- Identify successful treatment options and products available
Tribune Group GmbH is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Tribune Group designates this activity for 1 continuing education credits.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Tribune Group GmbH and Dental Tribune International GmbH.
Share on social media: