Giving the child a pleasant first visit that will secure success and ensure that they are not terrified of their next appointment. Pedodontist or not, you need to follow some basic steps when you are the first dentist in contact with child.
Most of the information available online about pediatric dentistry is about endodontic treatment, use of glassionomers or composites when it comes to children; should we use zirconia crowns or not. But few are talking about how you get the child to sit on the dental chair in order to perform all these treatments. Doctors are not always children’s best friends, dentist also. But that does not mean this can not change. And by changing it, we can commit to a better oral health status around the world. Teeth, like people, are all about how you take care of them from the start. Good first experience in the dental office, when children are young, raises the chances of bringing up an adult with healthy teeth, healthy oral hygiene routine and frequent dental checkups. So, let us do it!
In this webinar you will learn:
- Your first interaction with the child , do’s and don’ts
- Tell-show-do technique, step by step, what to tell, what to show, what to do .
- Rules – explain and stick to them.
- Anesthesia – show the needle, don’t show the needle.
- Home oral hygiene instruction- never ending story
- Smile, patience and knowing when to stop.
Share on social media:
Behavior management in Pediatric Dentistry – dos and don’ts is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.