- Graduated as a dentist at KULeuven in 1983, as periodontist at KULeuven in 1986.
- Since 1988 working in private periodontal clinic in Hasselt.
- Since 2006 part-time staff member of the Dept. of Periodontology and Oral Implantology at University Ghent.
- Since 2011 part-time lecturer at Syntra Hasselt for dental assistants education program.
- Since 2017 part-time lecturer at UCLL Leuven for Bachelor dental hygienists education program.
- Reserve Major Dentist at the Her Majesty Queen Astrid Hospital in Brussels.
- Active member at the professional commission of the Belgian Society of Periodontology.
- Active member at the commission of Health Policy of the Flemish Dental Association.
Webinars with Eric Thevissen